The Benchmark indices are likely to open flat, tracking mixed Asian peers, ahead of the start of Q4 earnings season. Also, investors might remain cautious as the first phase of general elections start today. Asian stocks held near eight-month highs on Thursday and the dollar slipped again on expectations global interest rates will stay lower for longer.
On Wednesday, the selling pressure in the last few hours of trade wiped out all morning gains. The BSE Sensex settled 353.87 points lower at 38,585.35 while the Nifty50 fell 87.70 points to end at 11,584.30.
Among stocks, Ashwani Gujral is bullish on RBL Bank, Amara Raja Batteries, and Pidilite Industries, and bearish on Can Fin Homes and TCS. Mitessh Thakkar, meanwhile, prefers buying Godfrey Phillips, Piramal Enterprises, and Ujjivan Finance and selling Bharat Forge. Sudarshan Sukhani has a buy call on Bajaj Finserv, HUL and Mindtree, and sell call on Apollo Tyres.
Top buy-sell calls from market experts for Thursday:
Ashwani Gujral - ashwanigujral.com
- Buy Pidilite Industries with a stop loss of Rs 1,270, target at Rs 1310
- Buy Amara Raja Batteries with a stop loss of Rs 678, target at Rs 700
- Buy RBL Bank with a stop loss of Rs 670, target at Rs 692
- Sell Can Fin Homes with a stop loss of Rs 352, target at Rs 336
- Sell TCS with a stop loss of Rs 2,080, target at Rs 1,960
Mitessh Thakkar - mitesshthakkar.com
- Buy Ujjivan Financial Services with a stop loss of Rs 330, target at Rs 350
- Buy Piramal Enterprises with a stop loss of Rs 2,650, target at Rs 2,740
- Buy Godfrey Phillips with a stop loss of Rs 1,139, target at Rs 1,200
- Sell Bharat Forge with a stop loss of Rs 505.5, target at Rs 484
Sudarshan Sukhani - s2analytics.com
- Buy Hindustan Unilever with a stop loss of Rs 1,662, target at Rs 1,730
- Buy Bajaj Finserv with a stop loss of Rs 7,365, target at Rs 7,500
- Buy Mindtree with a stop loss of Rs 962, target at Rs 980
- Sell Apollo Tyres with a stop loss of Rs 219, target at Rs 212
- Sell Bharat Forge with a stop loss of Rs 500, target at Rs 492