The benchmark indices are likely to open flat, tracking subdued Asian markets, amid increased tensions ahead of key China-US trade negotiations fanned fresh concerns about the outlook for the global economy.
On Wednesday, the indices saw sharp selling pressure with the Sensex falling nearly 500 points and the Nifty breaking 11,400 level as bears retained charge on Dalal Street. The market fell for the sixth straight session. The BSE Sensex tanked 487.50 points to 37,789.13 while the Nifty 50 plunged 138.40 points to 11,359.50.
Among stocks, Sudarshan Sukhani is bullish on Titan, HDFC Bank, and Ajanta Pharma, while, bearish on Adani Power and Bank of Baroda. Meanwhile, Mitessh Thakkar has a 'sell' call on Equitas Holdings, Nestle, and Exide Industries, and 'buy' call on SRF. Prakash Gaba is positive on Ceat and Castrol India and negative on BPCL, SAIL, and NTPC.
Stock recommendations by top market experts for today:
Sudarshan Sukhani - s2analytics.com
- Buy Titan Company with a stop loss of Rs 1,075, target at Rs 1,120
- Buy HDFC Bank with a stop loss of Rs 2,290, target at Rs 2,330
- Buy Ajanta Pharma with a stop loss of Rs 1,042, target at Rs 1,072
- Sell Adani Power with a stop loss of Rs 41.8, target at Rs 40.5
- Sell Bank of Baroda with a stop loss of Rs 112, target at Rs 109.5
Mitessh Thakkar - mitesshthakkar.com
- Sell Equitas Holdings with a stop loss of Rs 128.6, target at Rs 120
- Sell Nestle India with a stop loss of Rs 10,525, target at Rs 9,800
- Sell Exide Industries with a stop loss of Rs 213.5, target at Rs 198
- Buy SRF with a stop loss of Rs 2,400, target at Rs 2,520
Prakash Gaba - prakashgaba.com
- Buy Ceat with a stop loss of Rs 1,047, target at Rs 1,080
- Buy Castrol India with a stop loss of Rs 148, target at Rs 153
- Sell BPCL with a stop loss of Rs 384, target at Rs 363
- Sell NTPC with a stop loss of Rs 132, target at Rs 129
- Sell Steel Authority of India with a stop loss of Rs 54, target at Rs 50