A look back at some of our biggest and best stories from this week. In case you missed them, here's a recap:
1. Jet Airways revival efforts: War room activated, details on critical staff, vendors sought
A war room has been created at Jet Airways to provide all the necessary documents and information to the lenders as efforts to revive the airline pick up pace almost two months after its temporary suspension, sources close to the development told CNBC-TV18.
2. No decision yet on deadline to phase out 2-and 3-wheelers
A day after Bajaj Auto and TVS Motor voiced concerns over the government's electric vehicle-related policies, sources told CNBC-TV18 that no decision has been taken on the Niti Aayog proposal to phase out 2-and 3-wheelers.
3. Exclusive: My tech portfolio will have a lot of variety, Priyanka Chopra reveals Bumble Fund investment plans
On the latest episode of CNBC-TV18's Power Talk, Shruti Mishra is in conversation with Priyanka Chopra Jonas, who has donned many hats, including that of an actress, philanthropist, investor, and entrepreneur.
4. How the Singh brothers built The Whisky Exchange into the world’s biggest online drinks retailer
Sukhinder Singh does not remember details of the last whisky he bought to further embellish his over 12,000-strong collection. But he can tell you what to pick up right now. “Chichibu, a peated 2018 release. It’s exceptional,” he says.
5. These airports faced the maximum brunt of Jet Airways closure
The most number of Jet Airways slots that were re-distributed among other airlines were at Mumbai and Delhi, the two most congested airports in the country and also where Jet Airways had a sizable presence.
6. Should hijack hoax callers and other nasty pranksters be jailed for life?
If it wasn’t for the terrifying reality facing Birju Salla, one could, at first sight, be amused with the news of a lovesick businessman trying to shut down the Delhi office of a major airline in order to compel his reluctant girlfriend to quit her job. Instead, on June 11, 2019, Special NIA Judge KM Dave sent him to jail for life and ordered him to pay Rs 5 crore in fines. How did it come to this?
7. Budget 2019: Good bye to gradualism; Why India needs some out-of-the-box reforms
‘India has a male home minister and a female finance minister. India is indeed changing!’ This has been among the most circulated WhatsApp messages given that it mirrors the home truth on gender inequity in India. While the symbolism of the social media statement cannot be overlooked, the ground reality for the new finance minister is humbling, to say the least.
8. Punish the errant, not the innocent: Why a blanket ban on top audit firms won’t help
There is no room for leniency towards auditors who collude with managements to present an incorrect picture of a company’s financial health to its stakeholders. The importance of finances made public cannot be overstated, as these are relied upon by lenders, creditors and investors for making important business and investment decisions. So, if an auditor knowingly permits falsehoods to be spread, it is unforgivable and must attract severe punishment.
9. VIDEO | How to get Facebook to invest in your startup? Take notes from Meesho
Facebook India has announced its first investment in an Indian startup and our Young Turk, Meesho - a social commerce platform that lets entrepreneurs set up online businesses via social channels. Take a look at their startup story.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is all set to launch Chandrayaan-2 to the Moon. Expected to be launched next month, the lunar mission is aiming to reach the south pole of the Moon, a feat never achieved before by anyone. Here is a look at some images released by the agency showing Chandrayaan-2.
10. VISUAL STORY | In pictures: First glimpse of ISRO's Chandrayaan-2