SpiceJet on Thursday announced that it will launch business class seats or SpiceBiz on a total of 22 routes with effect from May 11.
The airline has completed its transition from a budget carrier to a hybrid airline in less than a month. While you will find out more about SpiceBiz when passengers will give their verdict based on their experience, here is what we know as of now.
1. SpiceBiz is getting launched on May 11. The business class seats will be available on the following routes:
2. The Gurugram-based carrier will be offering a dedicated business class cabin with 43-inch seat pitch and 7-inch recline, complimentary lounge access, higher baggage allowance, gourmet meals and beverages, priority services and much more. The airline will also have a dedicated cabin crew for business class passengers.
3. The airline plans to soon launch SpiceBiz on select international routes as well.
4. Based on the rapid capacity induction, the airline plans to soon become the second biggest business class operator in India. Currently, Air India and Vistara are the two business class providers.
5. The airline will offer eight, 12 and 28 business-class seats on its B737-700/800/900 aircraft respectively. The front row and the over-wing exit rows of the economy cabin will be offered as the premium economy seats - SpiceMax.
6. Under lounge access, SpiceBiz passengers will currently have access to airport lounges at Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Varanasi, Jaipur, Guwahati and Kochi airports. The airline plans to soon provide this service to other airports as well.
7. Passengers travelling in business class will be entitled to additional baggage allowance. All domestic passengers will have a check-in allowance of 30 kg (up from the regular 15 kg). Hand baggage allowance for passengers travelling on domestic routes has also been extended to 10 kg (excluding laptops) from the current 7 kg.
8. The airline will offer dedicated check-in counters for all SpiceBiz customers at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Srinagar, Jammu, Goa, Port Blair, Guwahati, Varanasi, Jaipur, Coimbatore, Kochi and Patna. At all other stations, passengers will have access to a shared check-in counter with SpiceMax passengers.
SpiceBiz passengers will also get priority services such as priority check-in, priority boarding and priority baggage.
9. It will be a three-course culinary service and will be served on fine bone china. The menu offers Indian and continental cuisine, including vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Patrons will also be offered a range of cold and hot beverage through the course of the meal, before being served the desserts.
10. Other facilities include dedicated coaches for SpiceBiz passengers, blankets and cushions for all SpiceBiz seats, welcome drinks and pre-meal drinks.
The verdict will be known May 11 onwards.
First Published: IST